Summertime Fun !
Our excitement in June and July was a fantastic visit from Grandma and Grandpa ! ! WWWhhhoOOO The kids were buzzing with excitement! Mom has done an incredible webpage of the highlights of their trip, and I hear that there is another one in the works!
With any luck, I'll be able to figure out the link to it, but just in case,
here it is: http://community-2.webtv.net/S091700/Mexico/2006. I hope that works!!
Here are some more pics !
After an afternoon of sun and splashing!
Steven figured out that if he combined 2 floaties, he would could kick longer.
Hailie was making dot-to-dots with the club sandwich toothpics !
Thrilled that He could reach the tall palm tree !!
We had an amazing time playing, relaxing, exploring, and just being together! The kids had the good fortune of having both sets of Grandparents in the house, and boy were they in "Hug Heaven!"
Thank you, Mom and Dad for making it look easy for two Gringa Grandparents to travel to Mexico for hugs and kisses !
Steven is in his element, I think he was born for the role of being a big brother, constantly looking out for Hailie and David, in a 5 year old way, of course. Being the regulator, who has too much, who snuck an extra cookie, or who started what!!
Hailie is an amazing little 3 year old. THANK GOODNESS she is not 2 anymore. . . . wwwhhhheeewwww. . . I have never read her the Princess and the Pea story, but I know that If I did, she would be shoving vegatables under her mattress, and inspecting herself for bruises in the morning ! Thankfully, the more Mom's of 3 year old girls that I meet, the more I am relieved that this Girl Power thing seems to be more hard-wired in the average little girl, and I don't need to have her tested for mutant Diva genes !! I am also thankful that she is showing glimmers of being a thoughtful and compassionate little thing, looking out for her little Brother. And planting sweet little kisses if you are lucky enough !
And David, . . . . David . . . . . David . . . . yep. We've got a live one here folks! The husband of one of my friends commented that he thought that God was really pulling a prank on the Human race, by making our offspring totally dependent on their parents for survival, yet at the same time, they have a complete lack of fear, a total disregard for their own safety, and a 30 second attention span. He probably didn't think that the race would last 3 generations ! ! Yes, David is our "don't let him out of your sight little guy" he will be 2 next month, and he only needs to see or hear something once, and he is trying it out, and improving on it. The theme in our house now is: "monkey see, monkey do, I can do it better than you!!" He is speaking alot now, putting 2 words together, and coming up with his own observations and opinions.
We also have some exciting news! ! !
NO - - - no more babies ! ! ! : )
We've decided to move to Florida ! ! When we made the decision to move, we felt strongly that it had to happen before school started in August, so we have been in a frenzy, getting sorted, boxed, taped, labeled, and inventoried. The kids have each packed their own backpacks. David is walking around singing "Floada, Floada, Floada" They are excited to be back home, so to speak. Yes, we had a wonderful year here in Mexico. And there are many things that we will miss. I have mixed feelings about leaving. Then I'll have a close run-in with a scorpion, and I wish I could twinkle my nose, and be in Florida, where the only suprise visitors in your home are harmeless, ugly lizards and Palmetto bugs !!
wow, do I miss our Florida Family and Friends! We will be home soon ! ! ! YEA! YEA! YEA!
Okey - I think that's plenty of news for now, More later, after we have landed, or parked, or whatever we are doing to get ourselves to native soil!
Please know that my family and friends are constantly in my thoughts. Miles and time zones seperate us all, in many different directions, but we are all connected, and I hope that we can stay connected. Especially in this crazy world we call home!
Love - Prayers - Friendship- to everyone
Tiff



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home